Sunday, June 4, 2023

Lost in depth

 Keith, oh Keith, let me tell you a story,

Of a brother lost in the depths, lost in the worry,

A life cut short by a heroin's grip,

Leaving a void that words can't fully equip.


See, Keith was a dreamer, full of fire,

With a heart that burned, reaching higher,

But the demons of addiction took their toll,

Leaving us here, grappling with a shattered soul.


We fought battles together, side by side,

Through laughter and tears, we'd confide,

But heroin's deceitful embrace,

Took you away, in its cold embrace.


Oh, the questions that haunt us, they pierce the night,

Why couldn't we save you, in that desperate fight?

We watched you struggle, fight and fall,

But the grip of addiction, it had you enthralled.


Keith, my brother, I mourn your loss,

But I won't let your memory become an albatross,

I'll speak out loud, break the silence's chains,

To honor your life, to share our pains.


Let this be a call to those who still roam,

In the shadows of addiction, feeling alone,

Seek the light, reach for a helping hand,

For there's hope and healing in this broken land.


Keith, my brother, I'll carry your name,

In the power of love, we'll kindle the flame,

Together we'll fight, spreading awareness wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment