Monday, May 30, 2022

Change the page

 Scared of my future, living in the past. 

Seeking continuity with this ever changing cast.

Continuing this way I know that I will not last.

Missing loved ones that have sadly passed.


Slowing things down for time is moving fast.

Not continuing as I know my own forecast.

If I’m not happy here, it’s time for a contrast.

I’d become inconsistent, was always steadfast.


This is my script, this is my stage. 

I should know it’s about perception by this age. 

Picked away so slow was hard to gauge. 

No longer adolescent, I’ve become a sage.


So I must step forward, be ready for a change.

Remove these chains and step out of this cage.

Release all my anger, self pity and rage. 

For this is my book, it’s time to change the page. 


                                                         -XZanthia

No comments:

Post a Comment