Friday, July 1, 2022

I’m trying


I’m trying to not allow things that hurt me 

to get a grip

Not give them the power to bruise, cut or rip

Breathe n move past it, stat

I’m trying to be much stronger then that 


I’m trying to not allow things that hurt me

To break me down 

My eyes once smiling now seem to frown

Where do these feelings stem

I’m trying to learn my obstacles & get over them


I’m trying to not allow things that hurt me

To control my path

I’ve measured my trajectory & done the math

Where I am, is where I would stay

I’m trying to not allow it to get in my way


I’m trying to not allow things that hurt me

To get my reaction

To cut me into pieces, make me a fraction. 

For life will forever through things at you

I’m trying to see this pain, is why I grew. 


                                                         - XZanthia 

No comments:

Post a Comment