Friday, May 22, 2009

Going with the flow

Going with the flow
May 22, 2009
It can be difficult to go with the flow, and not wish to fight the current, for you may fear the jagged rocks that may lay ahead, we all dream of calmer water, but life is a river, not a lake, and perhaps calmness is a dream to forever be unrealized. We are along with the ride if we like it or not, so we might as well enjoy it.
I can start to feel myself getting back in gear, back in the groove, back in the needed pattern of things. It is the simple things that hold your life together and have it make sense. For me it’s eating consciously, exercising and doing yoga, being in and working with nature, having the time and ability to detail my body every morning. Studying and writing journal entries and Poetry. Doing art and having time to my self as well as time with people I care about.
The last 2 weeks to a month has been a eye opening experience. As soon as you understand the path, there is a unexpected fork in the road. Cautiously we can choose to take this fork being fully aware of the positive and negative twists and turns it could hold. But being just as unsure of the path that you are on, and the silent promises of the unknown path beckon.
I wish I had more discipline for my art. I really wish to complete more of it. However promotion of my resort and the events to bring artists out here seem to over power my time, as it is more of an addiction then a need. And I will defend it.
The last week I have had my friend Alex here, he has been crashing in my office on the futon, so that has been keeping me from going in there every morning and starting on the internet, therefore sucking in my entire day. That has been a nice and needed change from what I have been at for the last week. I was on here every day from day brake till past midnight. Just getting through my comments can take all day. But I do not mind, as long as people do not become upset if it takes me days or weeks to get back to them. I hate to loose my life to the cyber world.
Loving life, and longing for love, leaving loneliness, limiting lust and lighting the way to let in liberating living.

No comments:

Post a Comment