Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hurry, going nowhere.

You know, it seems everywhere I go everyone is in a hurry. Walking quickly as to pass each other as zombies are ants in a vast community of individuals with no individuality. Everyone is on their way to do something extremely important, never spending the time to watch the clouds or smell the flowers. We live in a society of destination seekers. It seems that most have forgotten about the journey. It is always about what you do, not how you do it. And with this being said, still not much is ever actually completed. In a world of destination seekers, we are surrounded by in completed tasks. The journey towards the goal is so intense that often the goal seems to never be in reach. So many spend much of their time spinning there wheels. Going nowhere. With full intent for success, however because of poor planning and a actual direction towards the success, much of the time it is set up to hurry up, and wait.

1 comment:

  1. I smelled the flowers, today, and it meant something to me, and now I know why. L=
    Also, I love watching the clouds.
    By the way, you're right. I was sitting in the park today, feeding the squirrels, and people passed me by, and I sensed that they thought I was on drugs. Why?
    "Oh, he's not moving along a predetermined path to a destination he feels compelled to arrive, at."
    "His activity is deemed unordinary for humans to be doing here."
    But I didn't worry, because feeding those squirrels was a challenge far greater than any video game (which I've recently deleted all of) and lessons more valuable than any textbook, and experiences no one else could understand without having done it. No, I did not get the squirrels to eat from my hand, today, but I made so much progress, and I am grateful in a way I had not felt for some time. It felt satisfying. I felt strong. I was a man. I loved it. I'm going to do it again, and when I can feed the squirrels, I'm going to pet them, but not right away. And when I can pet them, I'm going befriend them, and we will be as one in this world where people hate squirrels, but secretly they love them, just like I do.

    ReplyDelete