Friday, January 24, 2014

The rock and the river

I need a hug, for you to hold me, embrace me tightly and let me know it will all be okay. For although my exterior is that of a strong independent woman. Your embrace gives me the power to continue on. For without you is easier for me to slip out of my edges. Is your embrace the keeps me whole.

You are my rock, sturdy and strong, I am the river that flows through and around you. You are consistent and hard to mold, but not too stubborn, you allow my movement to smoothing your edges so our caress is not create turmoil in the water.

For although my movement may forever change the landscape around me, you stay strong and sturdy. A continuous element in my rumbling life. And for this I thank you. 

You give me a clear path in which to travel, and I help you upon your journey as well if you allow my entangle to move you.

For you are the earth that embraces my movement, and the stone that does not allow me to flow too quickly.

I am the river that flows through you, smoothing your edges and creating a slow but constant change. 

Together we never stagnate, forever evolving. Forever on this path together moving forward in a eternal embrace.

1 comment:

  1. I think of all your poems/writings, this one is my favorite. =]

    It makes you seem very human, multidimensional. You are still a strong, independent woman, but you are also vulnerable at times and aren't afraid to seek help or company if and when you need it, and this is actually a mark of strength. The fact that you are willing to compromise your image of independence by openly admitting that you, too, have weak points and still need others to help you by is pretty admirable. Not everyone is so comfortable with that, believe it or not. Many are still hung up on the idea that asking for help= weakness, which really isn't true at all. As the famous John Donne poem goes, "No man is an island, entire of itself...", we are social creatures by nature and need a sense of community to pick us up when we are down and motivate us to keep moving forward.

    Cheer up, though. You have been through many things and had lots of adventures, and you are still alive, well, and healthy. Not to mention talented, too!! Just be patient and allow some time to let these disappointments wash away, and you'll be back on your feet and ready to kick some ass soon enough. =]

    ReplyDelete