Saturday, May 3, 2014

My choice

Will I ever be satisfied, or forever be a miss?
I have had a few flings, and they seem to staying my soul, for I know, that I am better than this.
Yet to be owned by someone, that makes this whole grow.
I wish not to be controlled; you cannot put a fence around my soul.
You cannot put a fence around my soul, so please, don't even try.
I wish not to cry, and it's not that my heart has died, it's just that I'm not truly sure, how much I really care to a door.
Without this, my life is far from there; my career is my lifelong companion.
I need not your son to make me complete, for he will only be jealous of my time spent with me.
Can't you see, that perhaps officially, much of my time is spent on my career.
Four in the past, I have helped many others, and their ambitions never did last.
So why even try to live this lie, I now wish to focus on me.
However my heart is still quite large, and I hold several there.
And although no one will ever hold all of me, you may just get a piece.
You cannot buy so don't even try, but you may forever hold the lease.
For now I may just be, a little too free, and very, comfortable with me.
So you see I do not need another in my arms to keep me from harm. 
So if I lay in your arms, be it known that this is not the need to hear another voice.
If I am with you, it is because I want to, you see, it is my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment