Saturday, May 3, 2014

The best teacher

Written November 12, 2004

As I drain my brain, to find my mind, the only truth that I can find is that intelligence, is not that far from insanity.
I do know how this can be, for you see, insanity does run through me.
It is in my blood, and I choose to sit in the mud as I write this poem. 
I must clear away the foam to recite these words which create my reality.
In these testimonies, you will see my tragedy, see me go free, play with insanity, and perhaps, you will wish to be me. 
These thoughts feel as they run through my veins, and although never the same, I do not know if I do it for fame or the need to be free by releasing these stories.
I do suppose, that it is of both, and for my god Thoth, I must release in this way.
So here I stay, and you will forever hear me say things that you may consider insane.
If you must find a culprit, my past is to blame.
I do feel that the past is the trigger, culprit I see it not, but the best teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment