Wednesday, November 27, 2013

KickStarter :)

I have created a new kick starter account to get my new ideas for artwork and projects off the ground. Here is the loose dialogue that I have put together for my next project. : 

Well hello, my name is Xzanthia and I have been an artist and most every sense of the word sense, well, I guess as far back as I can remember. I have done most every form of art from photography and filmmaking to writing and what I'm coming to kick starter for, painting.

I would like to generate a large body of artwork to bring to next years burning man festival and do a beautiful presentation. If you haven't heard of burning Man you should Google it. It is a large artistic extravaganza. For of many influential artistic individuals from all over the world and most any genre and probably many genres that you never even thought existed.
I would like to expand my theme camp this year and create a large geodesic dome that is covered with a yet to be created body of artwork.
I plan to make one painting every week until August 2014. And I would like your inspiration on ideas as well as the funding to make my dream a reality. I have a full woodshop here at my studio where I actually create the surface for each painting. I do not paint on canvas, I tend to make wooden boxes so the paintings last longer and are less likely to become damaged overtime. 
It is the combination of these two things that I need your help for. Not only is the cost of attending burning man exorbitant. As well as the transportation cost of not only myself but my artwork. I also would lack The funds to build the show structure itself and for supplies to create the masterpieces.

I once that was a very established painter. Even owning a art gallery for seven years in downtown Denver. Which was called gallery XZanthia. My pieces have sold all over the world and even Sid Hague from Rob zombie movies and Trent Resner or himself from 9 inch nails have some of my artwork hanging in their house. However the last 10 years mediocrity has slowed my productivity to a hold. Mainly because finances have taken presidents.
I am dedicating the next year to my arts, and starving in the process. This is where I have come to kick starter for help and this is what I'm offering for those of you that participate.

For a five dollar donation you can be part of the creative process. You can email me a idea once a week and I will go through these ideas and pick the ones that I feel best fit what I'm trying to accomplish. 
For a $50 donation you not only get to be a part of the creative process by emailing me your ideas but I will also send you a 17 x 24 print of the artwork of your choice. 
For a 500 donation to be part of the creative process and I will mail you A 17 x 24 printed on canvas Limited addition painting of your choice autographed by me.
For a $1000 donation you get to be part of the creative process and you can pick one of my 8 x 10 original pieces that is handpainted by me. As well as two prints 17 x 24 of your choice.

For a $3000 donation you can get to pick of any of my body of artwork. As well as be part of the creative process and three prints of your choice 17 x 24 on Canvis.

And finally for a $5000 donation you get to give me absolute communication of the artistic direction of the painting that I paid for you individually. You can pick the size, shape, and content within my abilities as an artist. 

I will have up the numerous sizes and shapes of the paintings that I will be working on. 

I will have a secret webpage where only the individuals that donate to my kick starter can see what I'm working on. Anybody else can only see them if they actually come to my art show at burning man. After burning Man In August 2014, I will then put all of my artwork up on my website for all to view and purchase.

Thank you very much for wanting to be involved and happy bidding! 



1 comment:

  1. Why should I google Burning Man, if you are going to take the time to explain it to be, anyway? Is you time not worth my attention? I know you can't look at yourself while you talk, but remember, your audience enjoys seeing your pretty face, and hearing your expertise!

    One is not, "Once" a very established painter, one "is" an established painter, but one does once own an art gallery. Besides, I've seen your signs, and the are quite painted. I want to be confident you can paint quality random pictures, not your everyday dome doodles.

    Last decade of mediocrity? No no no. you've just been doing other things. Artisty things, like travel, running a radio show, and managing a small modelling site, or something...

    Finances in question, and jumping on kickstarter. A starving artist, supported $5 at a time. Do you want me to take care of you, or something?

    How about, for $5000, you make me another hand-painted replica of your dome, and if that means getting 10 domes, and painting every painting 10 times, then so be it. What else does a starving, established artist really have to do?

    How about for a 500 donation (not that the fact the you left out a $ sign meant you were just rolling with it, or anything) I get 3 prints, and you make me whatever I tell you, and for $1000 I get a print out of every picture you pain on the dome, for a collection.
    And for $3000, I want you to paint whatever idea I tell you to paint, and I want an autographed canvas of it, too.

    You're a sweetheart, now get busy!

    ReplyDelete